Thieves Essential Oil is a potent blend of Eucalyptus radiata, cinnamon bark, clove, lemon and rosemary therapeutic grade essential oils. It is best known for it’s anti-microbial and immune-boosting properties and there are as many ways to use Thieves as there are people who use it. Here are a few of my favorite Thieves applications:
Thieves Essential Oil
- Add a drop of Thieves in a glass of warm water and gargle to soothe a sore throat.
- Rub a few drops on the bottom of the feet to boost immune system.
- Add a few drops in washing machine to disinfect and leave clothes smelling fresh.
- Add baking soda and a few drops of Thieves in your dishwasher soap container for dishes that are clean, clean, clean.
- Create your own disinfecting floor wash by adding a few drops of Thieves Essential Oil to a bucket of 1/2 cup of white vinegar mixed with 4 cups of hot water.
- Use a solution of 1/2 cup white vinegar and a few drops of Thieves to clean your toilet.
- A couple of drops of Thieves essential oil will dissolve gummy label adhesive.
- A couple of drops of Thieves on your toothbrush will keep it germ-free and smelling fresh.
- Need a quick breath freshener? Add a drop of Thieves on your tongue.
- Diffuse Thieves to prevent or eliminate toxic mold.
- Make a soothing tea by adding a drop of Thieves to a cup of hot water.
- Diffuse Thieves daily to boost immunity and eliminate airborne micro-organisms.
- Cleaning your carpet? Add a few drops of Thieves to your carpet steamer/cleaner to disinfect and eliminate odors.
- A few drops of Thieves on a cotton ball placed with stored items will prevent mold and mildew.
- Add a drop to your vacuum filter to freshen the air and keep your vacuum smelling fresh.
- Pet accidents? Add a few drops of Thieves to a wet rag and scrub area to eliminate odors.
- Got ticks? Rub a drop of Thieves on the tick and it will back right out without your pulling.
- Feel a sore throat coming on? A few shots of Thieves Spray to the back of the throat will ease the pain.
- A few squirts on shopping cart handles will disinfect and purify.
- Wipe down restaurant tables and high chairs with a few spritzes of Thieves Spray.
- How about spraying on a clean cloth and wiping down your computer keyboard?
- Do the same on your television remote control.
- Spritz the inside of stinky shoes.
Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier
- Stinky? Rub a small amount of Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier under your arms as an emergency underarm de-odorant. (Might smart a bit in a good way….)
- Daub on insect bites to stop itching or stinging.
- Purify cuts and scrapes by rubbing a small amount of Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier on location.
- A small amount of Thieves Waterless Hand Purifier and some rubbing will remove scuff marks from tile.
- Daub a small amount a facial blemish to speed healing.
During the fall and winter, I diffuse Thieves in the common area of my house by plugging my diffuser into a good old-fashioned lamp timer. Making sure there is plenty of Thieves in the diffuser, I program the timer to run 4-5 times daily for about 5 minutes each time. We also make a habit of rubbing Thieves on the bottoms of our feet before putting on our socks each morning and before going to bed each night. It is a rare occurrence for anyone in our household to be sick with a cold or flu. So tell me, how do you use your Thieves?